Gamification is applying game design to non-game applications. Gaming is a proven tool for engagement. This is why gamification is an important trend in libraries, especially to engage new users (who are raised with computer games) with training services. During Xlibris co-design workshops a need for training on gamification was determined. Training material developed on the concept and best practices in libraries. Gamification approach used in Xlibris activities such as BookFace and Shelfie.
Trainings were provided for different groups (mainly libraraians, researchers and LIS students) between May 2015 to June 2016.
- A half an hour presentation was made during the Project Final Event which took place in Ankara on 27th June 2016. More than hundred librarians, LIS students and researchers participated.
- A Summer Seminar was organized as an in-service training for librarians at Hacettepe University on 15th June 2016. Twentynine librarians participated.
- A two hours training workshop was organized at Hacettepe University for the first year students at the Department of Information Management on 9 May 2016. Sixtytwo students participated in the workshop.
- Workshops were organized for the students of Information and Communication Sciences at Paris Descartes University, Paris, France between 14-15 October 2015. Ninetythree students participated in these workshops.
- A one day workshop was organized at Kadir Has University Information Centre in Istanbul on 30 June 2015. Fourteen librarians participated in this workshop.