Branding for Libraries is a training service developed by Hacettepe University Department of Information Management. Although marketing is a part of curriculum branding has been a subject neglected in the curricula. Within Xlibris Project during the co-design workshops with the main target groups of the Department (LIS students and the librarians) a need for training on this theme was determined. A training service which addresses branding strategies and approaches for libraries and how to use ICT and social media tools for branding campaigns was developed. Branding campaigns were run such as Shelfie Competition and exhibitions were organized along with trainings
Trainings were provided for different groups between May 2015 to June 2016.
- A half an hour presentation was made during the Project Final Event which took place in Ankara on 27th June 2016. More than hundred librarians, LIS students and researchers participated.
- A Summer Seminar was organized as an in-service training for librarians at Hacettepe University on 15th June 2016. Twentynine librarians participated.
- A two hours training workshop was organized at Hacettepe University for the second year students at the Department of Information Management on 29 April 2016.
- Workshops were organized for the students of Information and Communication Sciences at Paris Descartes University, Paris, France between 14-15 October 2015. Ninetythree students participated in these workshops.
- A two days workshop was organized at Kadir Has University Information Centre in Istanbul between 29-30 June 2015. First day was on Branding for Libraries and 13 librarians from several libraries in Istanbul participated in this workshop.
- A two hours workshop was organized during QQML2015 Conference on 26-29 May 2015, in Paris, France. 11 librarians and 4 faculty (total 15 people) particiapted in this workshop from different countries.